GoClimb is reopening June 22!
GoClimb is reopening on 22 June! Book your tickets online today.
In line with the Victorian Government’s easing of COVID-19 restrictions, we are happy to announce that GoClimb will reopen its doors to the public on Monday 22 June 2020.
GoClimb delivers heaps of healthy, action packed activities under one roof catering to all ages and abilities and we place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees.
We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Prior to arriving:
- Please make sure you have booked your activity session online, where possible.
- Before leaving home, please check our Facebook page or website for the latest information.
- Please be ready to make on-site payments using a ‘contactless’ bank card, rather than cash.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting GoClimb should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Please contact us if you need to amend your booking date.
ONLINE BOOKING FOR CASUAL TICKETS AND BIRTHDAY PARTIES IS NOW OPEN.
On arrival at GoClimb:
- We have significantly reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- We are required to record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
- We will also take temperatures of all guests using a contactless temperature reader.
Social distancing measures:
- We have introduced new social distancing measures. Clear markers or signage have been installed in our building entry and public areas to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our staff will monitor queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained.
- Tables and chairs in our cafe have been reconfigured to ensure enough distance between seated groups. In areas where strangers are seated together, seats will be removed or blocked to ensure there is a suitable gap between guests.
- We have introduced new capacity limits in all of our activities. These restrictions will help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- Due to Government mandated capacity restrictions we are limiting entry to one parent per child
- We have installed new hygiene stations at our service counters.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests.
Hygiene and disinfection measures:
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points.
- We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced a large number of hygiene stations/hand sanitiser for guests to use.
- We have reduced the menu offering of our cafe. Cutlery and condiments for meals or drinks will now be provided to guests, rather than left in open areas.
- As with our employees, we request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – through regular hand washing, coughing into your elbow or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
As a small business, we can’t tell you how incredibly excited we are to be reopening and we look forward to welcoming you soon!